Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Cleaning Wheels (Bill D)

Autopia - Do you take wheels off to clean the rims?: "Somewhat related, I've been known to dress the backsides of the tires of my vehicles
I don't remove the wheels to do this. I twist and contort myself to reach the entire surface of each back tire. For the fronts, it's easy. I just turn the steering wheel all in the way in one direction for one tire and dress and the other and the dress the second. I spray the dressing on the tires with a pump cooking oil sprayer to hit all the spots of the tires and then spread with a foam paint brush.

I clean the insides of the Cadillac wheels , although they are covered by wire wheel covers by going through the same basic regimen as dressing the backs of the tires. Car wash solution shot via foam gun and a good rinse with a hose will often suffice but I have also sprayed APCs, agitated with long handles brushes and rinses.

As for the wheel covers, they get washed like dishes in the utility sink with a heavy car wash solution and my wheel duty sheepskin mitt. I rinse them, dry them with a WW and use the leaf blower to blast away any drips.

The Audi is a snap, I just shoot car wash solution with foam gun in the insides,agitate well with the mitt and rinse."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home